Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Joker and his philosophy

I was browsing through the movies which I had previously watched. I came across The Dark Knight. Everything became fresh in my mind. The Batman,Joker,James Gordon,Harvey Dent,Rachel,Alfred,Lucius and Nolan’s storytelling. It was just perfect.
Above all, what captures the whole movie is the joker’s character. No one else can override his character. I went through his iconic dialogues and then thought, what joker really reflected by his dialogues?

Here are some choosy dialogues along with its impacts.:

1. Joker: If you’re good at something, never do it for free.

  
Amazingly delivered dialogue at right time. Wasn’t joker right? When you are good at something,you deserve to be paid its value. When you do it for free,you are taken for granted, ultimately you realise that oh, I should have had ask for something in return. This is just in terms of business but in life, it is not applicable entirely.

2. Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little emotions. In… you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?
Death. An eternal truth. Person shows the true face. Therefore it is said that dying person never lies. The true character is revealed.
3. Oh, you. You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
This is an event which we have never witnessed in the real life. We will never witness also. We don’t know what will happen when the strongest power meets to the most rigid object. We don’t know which will win. But, joker has given the answer, perhaps, neither of them win.
4. Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes, is a little push.
The most practical and the shortest definition of the madness. Yes, it is like a gravity. It is like a passion. You simply get dragged towards it.
5. Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just… do things.
The best example given by joker. He himself doesn’t know what he is doing. He is living in the very present.

Though actor Heath Ledger (The joker) has died, his acting, his character and his dialogues in his signature voice will never die. Such psychopaths like joker rises only once in centuries.
Spark:
“You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.’”
- Aaron Eckhart (As ‘Harvey Dent’ in The Dark Knight)

No comments:

Post a Comment